Saturday, September 6, 2008

PHP Framework

For a long time, I am using asp.net to build dynamic website. But recently for a project I need to move to php. Being a asp.net geek, I found it very difficult to work in php. But after some search I found a great php framework Prado. I was really amazed that these guys have build such a great framework. Now I can feel at home.

PRADO is a component-based and event-driven programming framework for developing Web applications in PHP 5. The sole requirement to run PRADO-based applications is a Web server supporting PHP 5.1.0 or higher. And above all "It is free!". PRADO is best suitable for creating Web applications that are highly user-interactive. It can be used to develop systems as simple as a blog system to those as complex as a content management system (CMS) or a complete e-commerce solution.

Installation of PRADO mainly involves downloading and unpacking.

  1. Go to pradosoft.com to grab the latest version of PRADO.
  2. Unpack the PRADO release file to a Web-accessible directory.
Your installation of PRADO is done and you can start to play with the demo applications included in the PRADO release via URL http://web-server-address/prado/demos/. Here we assume PRADO is unpacked to the prado subdirectory under the DocumentRoot of the Web server.

No comments: